Go back to the Job List
Quantitative Scientist, Clinical OncologyPosted by: SwiftHRSolutions
Posted date: Jul-17-2019
Our client is the pioneer in patient relationship management software and services for cancer care. The company has developed the first patient-centered oncology platform that improves the care delivery model for patients, providers, pharmaceutical manufacturers and payers.
This is a key role, responsible for being the oncology clinical expert. As the data platform is built, this position will construct and maintain curation models for EMR (electronic medical record) clinical data to build clinical endpoints. Additionally, this role will be instrumental in helping to provide clinical support in building products and tools using the client‚s data set that includes both clinical electronic medical records data and patient reported outcomes data, including conducting independent secondary epidemiological research and analysis. This position will interface with the technical data team and will be the primary lead for the emerging clinical team.
- Develop quantitative epidemiological models and curation models to develop clinical endpoints from EMR data
- Create models for converting unstructured data to structured data
- Extract relevant information from large patient databases
-Work with the data science team and ensure the models built are extended through data science and clinical team
-Assist clients in understanding the patient population data sets and curation models used to derive clinical endpoints and presenting the results of the epidemiological analysis
- Prepare detailed reports explaining the methodology for deriving patient endpoints
-Provide ongoing input on business opportunities with our data and work with product teams and technical teams to build products
-Assist in business development activities and help client pursue additional epidemiology related engagement work
* Experience with EMR/EHR data and building out clinical endpoints in Oncology
* Advanced degree in epidemiology (MPH or PhD), or other relative discipline
* 4+ years relevant experience in healthcare, research, pharmaceutical and biotech industries
* Knowledge of current oncology epidemiology and treatment practices
* Experience with quantitative epidemiological and scientific analysis.
* Requires working knowledge of statistical analysis software tools (e.g. SAS preferred, SPSS or STATA)., as well as Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.